If you are thinking of implementing book reports in your class this school year, I have a great FREE resource to share with you. This monthly book report template is the perfect way to get students actively reading multiple genres. This activity also compliments my “Write A TV show lesson” for teaching genre writing to students.
This book report project has students pick their favorite out of multiple options. I have included example books for the students to read, but allow my students to pick other books that fall in the same category. My students get so excited every month to see what their next categories are, and this is a great way to get them to read new genres!
Included items in my book reports:
- September report topics list (including example books)
- Parent letter
- Genre book log template
- Monthly book log template
- Book approval request form for students
- Writing activities extension list
- Oral presentation extension list
- Writing rubric
- Oral presentation rubric
- Book report page for bulletin board display
- Printable board bunting letters
Want all of these book report activities for free? Sign up for my newsletter below! Looking for another month’s book report list? Find them here at my TPT store.